When it comes to Personal Branding, here’s what you can count on!
Veteran Ottawa Citizen Reporter Juliet O’Neil has delivered a brilliant 5 part series on the growing phenomenon of temporary workers entitled “Trapped & Temporary”. It’s brilliantly researched, well written and a must read. “Temping, Contracting and Offshoring” aren’t going to go away. They’re permanent fixtures on the North American employment scene.
Here’s what you can bank on:
- The offshoring trend won’t stop anytime soon.
- Companies will continue to maximize profits and reduce costs.
- The government will not solve your career problems—at best it will provide limited retraining assistance.
Your job is at risk and subject to being replaced by a “temp” if:
- It can be broken down into many smaller tasks that can be redistributed to lower skilled, lower paid workers;
- Your company’s profits are under constant assault by low cost competitors; or
- Someone else with a high-school education can do your job with less than a week’s training.
Take control of your job and your life today. Start managing your career as a professional services provider of YOU INC.: learn how to brand yourself, increase your value, and ensure a steady stream of demand for your unique talents.
Start your new career with MyNewJobHunt.com
It’s not the strongest of the species, nor the most intelligent, that survive; it’s the one most responsive to change.