When it comes to Personal Branding, here’s what you can count on!
Veteran Ottawa Citizen Reporter Juliet O’Neil has delivered a brilliant 5 part series on the growing phenomenon of temporary workers entitled “Trapped & Temporary”. It’s brilliantly researched, well written and a must read. “Temping, Contracting and Offshoring” aren’t going to go away. They’re permanent fixtures on the North American employment scene.
Here’s what you can bank on:
- The offshoring trend won’t stop anytime soon.
- Companies will continue to maximize profits and reduce costs.
- The government will not solve your career problems—at best it will provide limited retraining assistance.
Your job is at risk and subject to being replaced by a “temp” if:
- It can be broken down into many smaller tasks that can be redistributed to lower skilled, lower paid workers;
- Your company’s profits are under constant assault by low cost competitors; or
- Someone else with a high-school education can do your job with less than a week’s training.
Take control of your job and your life today. Start managing your career as a professional services provider of YOU INC.: learn how to brand yourself, increase your value, and ensure a steady stream of demand for your unique talents.
Start your new career with MyNewJobHunt.com
Photo by Balázs Kétyi on Unsplash
It’s not the strongest of the species, nor the most intelligent, that survive; it’s the one most responsive to change.