There’s a reason it’s hard to get a good job
And it’s not your fault.
Nobody teaches you how to get a job. You’re sort of thrust into it the day after you graduate … or you lose your job.
Typically, it’s not something you look forward to doing.
The reality is this: the old school rules of applying online through job boards and career portals, and using “traditional” resumes and cover letters … well they simply don’t work anymore.
Did you know that 90% of the ways you’re applying for jobs today are outdated and useless?
Even before COVID-19, employers had already started to change who, what, where, when, why, and how they hire at every level. Which means that as a job hunter you had better keep up with those changes, or risk being left behind:
- Much of the so-called “career advice” out there typically refers to job search tactics that no longer work today … yet the online job board industry continues to pretend they do so they can maximize their profits.
- Traditional resumes, cover letters and online applications are actually the LEAST effective method of securing employment.
- “Who you know” and traditional “networking” are NOT the best way to get call backs for job interviews. (Traditional networking is actually working against you.)
- You DON’T need to waste your money on expensive “resume services”, resume writers, downsized HR managers turned career coaches, dated resume templates or other bogus and non-effective free advice widely available on the Internet from ‘gurus’.
- Job boards and in particular, job boards that ask you to pay for access to “$100K” jobs… they’re all a complete waste of your time and money.
Despite the misleading pitches and sales tactics, 97% of people that get work today, didn’t use a job board, let alone a job board they had to PAY for … they got their jobs through REAL connections and REAL employment strategies.
The rules for getting a job have changed!
Successful job hunters don’t do the same things the average job hunter does to get hired.
Successful job hunters use technology and psychology. They leverage the same technology and modern marketing & sales tactics used by Amazon, eBay and Facebook … only they use it to get employer’s attention. You’ll only learn this at job search boot camp.
The result – they get jobs faster, with less effort and at higher pay.
This would seem far-fetched to the typical job seeker – but not anyone who’s being successful lately.
- Successful job hunters have their calls returned the next business day – or sooner.
- They have their emails responded to the same day they send them.
- Some get job offers so swiftly that they literally have conference calls where hiring managers are outbidding each other. (Watch Steve Cobain’s video coming up below.)
Today it’s less about your qualifications and experience…
And more about your approach.
Successful job hunters who are using up-to-date modern approaches will receive more job offers than fifty “traditional” job hunters, and in 1/10th the time.
Successful job hunters also get:
- Their moving expenses covered.
- Additional signing bonuses or additional vacation days.
- Get offered unpublished jobs, which ordinarily wouldn’t be accessible by the everyday job seeker.
In almost every case, successful job hunters—without any additional work—get paid at rates 1.25 to 2 times what was originally posted!
They are landing new jobs in weeks instead of months using guerrilla job search techniques
Why should you pay attention to this?
You should pay close attention because MyNewJobHunt co-founder David Perry knows a thing or two about job search success. He literally wrote the book (well actually 9 books) which have changed the job hunting fortunes of hundreds of thousands of people, in a positive way.
Indeed, The Wall Street Journal nicknamed him “The Rogue Recruiter” after writing Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 2.0 (GM4JH).
That Wall Street Journal article and followup The Wall Street Journal TV appearance lead to Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 2.0 being featured in the May 2009 cover story in FORTUNE Magazine.
His strategies and tactics raised the bar on what it takes to stand out in a crowded. David’s job search boot camps redefined successful job hunting in the new knowledge-based economy.
But as David tells it,
“I’m not a writer… I’m a head hunter. An accidental author who just got lucky.”
David’s being modest. In actuality for the past 33 years he’s been managing director of Perry-Martel International which is one of North America’s top recruiting firms. As a recruiter, he’s helped hire more than 1500 people, in positions ranging shipping to CEOs and everything in between. Along the way he’s negotiated more than $401 million in salaries.
You’ll find him quoted about job search and recruiting in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, New York Post, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Globe & Mail and the Boston Globe, FAST COMPANY, Forbes, FORTUNE AND Inc. On TV as an employment analyst for NBC, ABC and CBC News in Canada.
Go ahead and Google him. It’s worth the effort.
As David explains,
“I fell into writing books because my best friend at the time, Kevin Watson, lost his job. My first book, ‘Career Guide for the High Tech Professional: Where the Jobs are Now and How to Land Them’ (Career Press, 2004), was written– after I helped Kevin land a job when the technology industry imploded in 2003. Jay Conrad Levinson wrote the book’s Foreword and it was endorsed by Stephan Covey, Guy Kawasaki and Seth Godin. I was an unknown to those celebrity authors. However, I approached them the right way, with the right message, at the right time, in a unique way. Ways I would later right about when asked to co-author Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters with Jay Conrad Levinson (Wiley 2005).”
But David will admit that it wasn’t all roses.
As David tells it,
“Easter Friday 2008 I suffered a massive stroke which left me unable to walk, talk, read or write which put a kink in my plans, just when Kevin needed to find a new job again. Luckily for both of us, I had started to recover my speech on Day 5 and my youngest daughter Shannon jumped on that opportunity to teach me to read and write – with ‘alphabet’ books she’d bought with her allowance at the dollar store.
On Day 6 Kevin and I hatched a plan. Kevin would sneak back in to the hospital after visiting hours so I could prep him for his interviews. This forced me to think during the day (very painful by-the-way after a stroke) about how to best condense the knowledge I needed to share with him. We’d usually get about 20 minutes in before getting busted by the nurses and he’d would get kicked out.”
Wondering how many interviews Kevin landed in a town where technology unemployment had recently spiked at 65%?
The answer may surprise you. Kevin had 35 initial interviews, 28 call backs and 24 offers in an eight week period. Getting offers turned out to not be a problem because he was pioneering some new guerrilla tactics and several ‘old reliable’ ones that always work.
No, getting the offers wasn’t an issue. Keeping track of it all … that was the nightmare.
Ever the ‘engineer’, bringing order to chaos, he created a rudimentary contact management system to track the jobs he was pursuing, as what ‘guerrilla resume’ and cover letter he had used.
Kevin’s system was the genesis for this new solution which aims to put the job hunter’s interest as the forefront, and incorporates all of David’s books.
But it would be Kevin’s brother Dave Watson who would go on to develop the core platform for MyNewJobHunt a few weeks short of the five year anniversary of Kevin’s sudden passing.
Then the economy really started to change.
Over the last five years, Dave and David also began to notice certain job seekers get jobs quickly. Very quickly. They simply soared ahead as the economy improved and rose faster still when the economy started to tank. They where in demand and negotiating higher rates of pay. What they were doing consistently moved them to the front of the line with any job they applied for.
Those job hunters where getting offers way faster than anyone else by using new strategies and techniques. And strangely, they weren’t always the most qualified applicants. Professional curiosity set David off on an adventure to discover why.
What were the most successful job hunters doing?
David wanted to know more.
Lucky for David, one of the side benefits of being a published author (with a large New York publisher) is that people love to ask him questions. And it’s well documented fact that David loves talking … even more so following his recovery.
David is also a lifelong learner and perpetual networker. By 2006 he already had 56,000+ direct connections on LinkedIn. Most where readers of Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters. He took the initiative to reach out and survey about 3000 of them. He asked exactly what they had done to land jobs so quickly and at higher rates of pay. He knew it couldn’t only be the result of reading his book. David was more than curious.
What he discovered talking with these successful job hunters was amazing:
Their success rate?
Well that was different too.
They were astonishingly successful. Over 70% of them landed a job interview within their first 2 attempts to approach ing an employer directly.
This was shocking. Even for the group of recruiting veterans!
But it wasn’t magic.
The successful job hunters had learned how to use more modern job search tactics to effectively demonstrate exactly what recruiters and hiring managers wanted. More importantly they landed in jobs they actually wanted to do and negotiated better compensation.
They understood the value of clarity.
What can you learn from their success?
Career experts often say success in the job market today depends on …
How and where you spend your time pursuing opportunities.. NOT how much time you put in.
If you accept that job hunting is your new full-time job you’ll land fast. Very fast.
David discovered another key fact: it is not who you know that matters—it’s who knows you.
We couldn’t agree more. Successful job hunters prove this every day.
The ‘awareness quotient’
To illustrate this point, imaging someone famous. Let’s use Tom Hanks for example. Somebody famous like Tom Hanks probably knows a lot of people. Maybe he knows 2,000 people by name and face. That’s a lot of people to truly know. But think of how many people know who Tom Hanks is across the world.
10 million? 100 million? Maybe more?
The “awareness quotient” is clearly in his favor. From a career perspective, you need to get people to know who you are, to build your own awareness quotient, in order to be successful in the job market today.
Now—and this is important
If you had the knowledge to quickly make a few minor job search adjustments, to things you’re probably already doing that would get you exposed to the right people in the next 30 days, you could get known by people that need your talents and would pay a premium for your skills right now. You could avoid doing what “everyone else” is doing in the job market and literally bypass your way to the best offers at top jobs.
If you don’t have this knowledge
If you do not make these adjustments to your job search strategy, then you will remain in an extremely weakened career position…you will continue applying for the same jobs on the same job boards with little to no success, the same way most people who are not successful do.
To use an analogy:
You pay a mechanic—not for his work—but for his knowledge. If you had that knowledge yourself—then you would not have to pay him at all.
Wouldn’t it be great to have these job search career insights—24 hours a day?
- Suppose you had professional recruiters and HR experts who understood the new tactics and successful approaches to job search at your service 24 hours a day… guiding you and looking over your shoulder. Imagine how effective and easy your job-hunting could be
- Perhaps you’ve been out of work for weeks, months, or years but now, armed with this knowledge, when you went about your job search you knew exactly what to say, what to write and what to do that could start to turn your efforts into results in just a couple of days.
- Maybe you were just fired, let-go or downsized and you’ve got bills and debts to pay. Maybe you’ve been told you’re “under qualified” or “over qualified.” Imagine knowing—without complicating your efforts—what would eliminate most of the job seeking faults you’re currently making. Instead put your name in front of the right people at the right time and in the right way getting you a job quicker and easier than ever.
- Or perhaps you’re over 50 years of age and looking for work, thinking you’re at a career disadvantage… but you knew how to promote and exploit your seasoned talent, you present it in the right way, to the right people, so that your decades’ of experience, actually gave you a competitive advantage in today’s market and get you a job faster than you ever thought possible.
- Even if you currently hold a job, but you desperately need a change, this knowledge could show you a way to immediately locate and change jobs in your area of expertise, in less than one week, at more progressive companies, at higher rates of compensation, without any downside risks, saving you the $500-$4500 a “career coach” or resume writer would charge you.
Using the best job strategies will get you employed
The MyNewJobHunt platform. It was developed by some of North America’s top recruiters, career coaches and action oriented HR professionals. It’s based on research conducted with over 3,000 successful job hunters.
There’s no theory here.
MyNewJobHunt is based on what works and what doesn’t – with real job hunters. Their feedback was combined with tactics used by successful recruiters and hiring manager responsible for hiring top talent. It was further strengthened by feedback from thousands of job hunters who had participated in earlier job search boot camps and as well as readers of Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters.
Both the Quick-Start and Dream Job programs have been field-tested and battle-hardened by job hunters just like you – on three continents now.
MyNewJobHunt is based on what works in today’s market.
You’ll avoid some or all known job search mistakes
Fix 95% or more, of all your current job-hunting mistakes yourself – free.
Use your own computer—anywhere you are. There is no risk—because graduates have already done the program … successfully. You can use it until you land your dream job … pause it … then reboot it when you need it next.
Today there are 1,000’s of people successfully employed using these approaches. Simply put it’s what is successfully being used today to get employed correctly and quickly.
Get employed quickly
MyNewJobHunt includes everything you need to land your job on one screen
Best of all… there’s no additional work you need to do.
It simply replaces ancient job search tactics, with the new modern strategies for getting employed today, that are easier and dramatically more effective.
When you use this platform you get a complete online solution, one that’s easy to use and contains everything you need. MyNewJobHunt is a stand alone all inclusive fully integrated platform with full featured modules that explain what you need to do when, track what you’ve done and show you how to create the follow-ups you need to close on your best offer. With example after example along the way.
From having jobs delivered to your dashboard each morning to knowing your exact next move, MyNewJobHunt seamlessly integrates all the tools you need on one screen. There is no other job search program anywhere that pulls together all the strategies and tactics, materials and activities necessary for you to easily take charge of your job search.
Here’s why job boards hate us … and you’ll love us!
Job boards are NOT designed for your success.
Job boards are built to monetize you. Or more specifically – your profile and resume.
MyNewJobHunt on the other hand is the platform that all the job boards and social networking sites should have built to make your job of finding a job easier. They didn’t though. Not because those monstrously large job boards couldn’t but because it’s profitable for them to keep you unemployed and glued to your screen scrolling for jobs.
High unemployment and churn benefit job boards!
Indeed, instead of helping you find meaningful work, they turned you into a commodity for employers. In other words, as a job hunter, you became their product. Not only do they sell employers ad space and special recruitment tools to source and manipulate your profile, but also access to your online digital identity.
Where’s you cut?
There’s no partnership implied with job boards. It’s not even a symbiotic relationship. It’s a parasitic one. You – the product – are free for them to sell many times over.
From ‘Launch to Landed’ MyNewJobHunt was built to benefit job hunters.
Remember, it was designed by a headhunter to help his best friend. It was that same engineer’s brother who finished building it to honor his memory AND has actually used it himself to land interviews and jobs.
With MyNewJobHunt, you’ll have access to insider information that will benefit you your entire life. And while being comprehensive it’s also incredibly easy to use. It contains everything you need to land your dream job is outlined in a step-by-step fashion.
Just turn on your computer in the morning and that days itinerary (marching orders in boot camp parlance) is ready to go. What you need that day, to ensure your ultimate success, has already being dissected, catalogued, and reorganized – waiting for you to start your day. Pulling you towards your end goal – Your Dream Job.
How fast can YOU get hired?
10 x faster.
On average, MyNewJobHunt Users land in 1/10th the time of the national average. According to the US Labor Board of Statistics, the average job hunter takes 39 weeks to land a new job.
MyNewJobHunt Users have averaged 3-4 weeks for the last 4 years, even through the Great Recession. Several of the original ‘guerrilla job search boot camp’ graduates were successful in under three weeks – two in less than ten days.
Math doesn’t lie
I love math… I know crazy eh?
Looking at the two pictures below you can see that both the Average Job Hunter and the MyNewJobHunt User put the same number of hours into their job search – 146.25 hrs.
Average Job Hunter
39 weeks x 5 days/week x 3/4 of an hour = 146.25 hours
146.25 hours ÷ 40 hours (5 days x 8 hrs/day)= 3.6 weeks
However, the MyNewJobHunt User takes about 4 weeks to find their job versus the the Average Job Hunter who takes 39 weeks. The 35 week difference can be accounted for by the amount of focused time each spends.
Over the course of those 39 weeks, the Average Job Hunter spends just 45 minutes a day job looking for a job. The MyNewJobHunt User on the other hand spends a full eight hours thus compressing the 146.25 hours into weeks instead of months.
Focus makes the difference.
We’ve learned, through thousands of interviews, that the extra 35 weeks needed by Average Job Hunter is because they lack a plan. Beyond checking the job boards for new opportunities in the morning and leaving another voicemail to follow up on jobs they’re waiting to hear about, the Average Job Hunter doesn’t know what to do next.
On the other hand, the MyNewJobHunt system was designed to treat job hunting as full time job. Step-by-step, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, MyNewJobHunt delivers up the information to Users – in the correct order – so they can wrap up their job hunt efficiently.
And in the background, the contact management function is tracking your progress making sure you forget nothing, leaving you free to pursue leads.
MyNewJobHunt cares about the details for you from your:
- Top 10 List of Employers,
- The names phone numbers and email addresses of hiring managers you’re approaching,
- The particular details of the job,
- The resume and cover letter you used,
- The exact Thank You Note you sent,
- What your next step with that prospective employer is,
- The follow-up date
Your exact next step be that a call, voicemail, follow-up package, or next meeting. You focus on you. Leave the details and follow up to MyNewJobHunt.
Like we said, SET IT & FORGET IT . If you miss something George your smart assistant, will gently remind you.
Go ahead – do the math again if you like. You’ll always get the same result.
Average Job Hunter
39 weeks x 5 days/week x 3/4 of an hour = 146.25 hours
146.25 hours ÷ 40 hours (5 days x 8 hrs/day)= 3.6 weeks
So, how much is unemployment costing you in lost income, exactly?
Well, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, the median annual income was $52,762 in 2017, (the latest year for complete figures), which means that every week you go without a job costs you about $1,014.65 in lost income — or more.
And the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says the average job seeker was out of work for 40.2 weeks. Multiply $1,014.65 by 40.2 weeks and that means you’ll probably lose out on $40,789.08 in income while looking for work — more if your salary is above average.
$40,789 is a lot of money, isn’t it? Factor in a mortgage, car payments, and other bills, and it only gets worse.
OK. That’s the bad news.
Now, the good news
You can beat the system and “cherry pick” the job of your dreams in weeks instead of months … if you have the right information.
The same “insider” information you could have access to in just a few minutes through MyNewJobHunt.com ….
YOU will succeed when you have a plan to follow
Imagine knowing that every hour is structured. Each activity builds on the previous. With your daily action plan spelled out hour-by-hour, day-by-day, with what must be done to land that new job.
It’s a known fact that when you have a plan and you’re shown exactly what to do… AND then you actually do it… you achieve success faster. Up to 10x faster
BTW – I love doing this math trick up on stage because when I’m finished showing the math, the audience just goes silent … and that’s when I know that they get it!
Where you will discover how to:
- Target a job that plays to your strengths and abilities — a job you would do for free, if you weren’t getting paid!
- Zero in on the best jobs, at the highest salary — fast — because you’ll know exactly what hiring managers really want (this transforms you from “pest” to “guest” in the minds of employers);
- Learn how to present your skills in creative new ways that stand out in today’s hyper-competitive job market;
- Employ little-known search engine optimization tricks used by top head-hunters (who have to make placements or starve); and
- Build a specialized resume that’s FUN to read, speaks the language of employers and proves every claim you make.
Employers will be lining up to hire you because…
- We guide you through a simple method to pick your most marketable skills, in 30 seconds or less (as a result, every resume, cover letter and conversation will cut through the noise in any job market, like a hot knife through butter);
- Lead you through the process of crafting a resume that connects directly to your ideal employer (based on 100 years of principles used in advertising copyrighting);
- Build multiple online profiles (ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, Twitter and/or Facebook) profile that get found and read, and make the phone ring with interview offers;
- Include a pre-interview worksheet to structure your research, a daily plan & scorecard that enables you to track your progress; and
- Details on dozens of alternate ways to land an interview – with action steps you won’t find anywhere else online.
Now you have a choice to make.
You’re probably skeptical, but think about this — if you keep doing the same things over and over, you’ll keep getting the same results.